Ramadan 2018 Fundraising Drive
Ramadan Mubarak! We are launching our second annual Ramadan Care Package Program--providing Qur'ans, prayer rugs, clothes and gifts to LGBTQIA+ and other marginalized Muslims in prisons across the United States.
We are the only institution in the United States that provides direct support and resources to LGBTQIA+ and other marginalized Muslims in prison. It is only with your support that we can continue to provide this service and keep our mission alive. The best way you can help our work and support is through making a donation to sponsor a Ramadan Care Package.
Every Ramadan Care Package is unique to the recipient, but a standard package includes
- 1 Qur'an -- English/Arabic, Spanish/Arabic or in whatever language the recipient is most comfortable with.
- 1 Prayer Rug -- lightweight and neutral colors
- 1 kufi or hijab -- uniquely tailored to fulfill each institution's dress requirements
- A handwritten letter of support from a Masjid al-Rabia volunteer.
- A unique gift based on recipient needs and institutional restrictions--snacks, books, games, educational materials and more
Our work is only possible through the generous support of people like you. You can sponsor a Ramadan Care Package, support an iftar or prayer service, or donate in any denomination you'd like. All of your donations are tax deductible and zakat eligible.
Would you like to receive a Ramadan Care Package? Know a Muslim who needs support? Want to learn more about our programming and fundraising efforts? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.